Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas/Boxing Day

Christmas is officially over. Yesterday was boxing day, which felt like an unofficial repeat of Christmas, but it's all over now. I think I'm relieved. Holidays are never as great as you build them up to be. It's hard to complain however, because spending Christmas in England brought with it lots of new experiences: caroling door to door, listening to a boys choir, playing the wii fit, eating minced pies, spitting out minced pies, etc. My favorite part of this holiday season was the walk we took yesterday. Our friend/choir director Angie likes to take her dog Nell for long walks in the forest and feilds around her house. We've gone with her 5 or 6 times now, and it has become some of our favorite memories! It was particularly beautiful on Boxing day because a thin layer of snow had covered everything. The limbs of the trees hung low under the weight of the snow. If I didn't know better I would have thought I'd stepped out of the wardrobe and into Narnia. We didn't know it at the time, but Angie took us on a 6 mile trek through Narnia. We were exhausted!  I was mostly tired from chasing some sheep in a big meadow. They were not happy. That night we at pork tenderloin briased in apples and creeme, with a REAL English triffle to finish! To balance dinner out we played some Wii fit aerobics and hula hoop. My first time trying a Wii fit! Fun for the whole family! (I wonder if I get royalties for saying that?)


Anyway, check out my flat mate marie's blog for christmas photos: pictures/Hiakus

No comments:

Post a Comment