Wednesday, December 1, 2010

25 Days of Advent

This past Sunday marked the beginning of the Season of Advent. In the Christian Church, Advent is celebrated beginning with the Sunday closest to St. Andrews Day (November 30) through Christmas. Traditionally, on each Sunday in worship, we light the candles of HOPE, PEACE, JOY and LOVE.
It is a holy season, set aside to celebrate the birth of Jesus who is our hope. For the next 25 days I want post a mini web-devotional as a spiritual discipline, to prepare me for Jesus' humble entrance into the world. My hope is that this will become the beginning of a conversation. SO, comment with your thoughts! 

"Oh! May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace, so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope!"
- Romans 15: 13 (The Message)




-Relient K


1 comment:

  1. Leigh, I just wanted to share that I have been listening to this song a bit right now and for some reason it really resonates with me and makes me think of England. I reminisce and think of you ladies living there now. It sounds like you are all having incredible experiences, it is so great to read about. I will miss my Christmas there. Have a blessed English Christmas, it is truly magical there in Bradford.

    -Tiana (from last year)

    ReplyDelete