Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fab Fashion!

Brits, worldwide, are known for a few things: bad teeth, bad food and crazy fashion!

I have only been in Northern England for 4 weeks and already I feel inspired by all the fashion risk-takers walking around the city streets. Fashion here is a major form of self expression... not only in the white community, but in the Asain (Muslim) community as well! I can't tell you how many types of head coverings and hijab accessories we have seen on a daily basis. 

This past Thursday, my "flatties" and I went to a fashion show at a local mega church we have been attending. It was amazing!! The ticket and sale proceeds went entirely to local Bradford charities. Check out this video for some highlights of the amazing show they put on! 


Last weekend we went to Leeds for the day. Leeds is a city only 20 mins away by bus, and according to most people here in Bradford, it is the place to go. How true they were. Leeds isn't really a culturally rich place, but boy is there some great shopping!  I know I promised this blog would be an insight into God's work here in Bradford... but check out this fun fashion update from across the pond! 

(fyi. these are not my own personal pictures. Taking pictures of random people on the street can draw attention. So, instead, I've pulled some pictures from a British style blog call "The Style Scout" that best represent the looks we've seen so far! Enjoy...)

No comments:

Post a Comment