Friday, October 1, 2010

Dear Diary #2

Diary entry: 9/22/10
Bethany's picture
"Dear Diary,
(again, I'm not so cliche' to use 'Dear Diary' in my real journal...)


Today we met Paul and Louise to go over what we will be doing this year. I'm excited and worried. What will I be doing? What will I need to figure out on my own?   Luckily I think Marie and I will be at the same school, Lidget Green. Bethany will be alone at her school (Farnham), but I'm sure she will do well by herself; she makes friends easily. 


This morning I finished "Eat Pray Love." It was REALLY good! Liz talked about a Buddhist teaching which says there are two forces which create an Oak tree: a seed, and the future tree pulling the tree into existence. She wonders if the present-balanced-happy woman she is now, was pulling her younger-sad-self into the future. Because now she is the person she always wanted to be. I'm beginning to wonder if I could not also be the future tree, willing myself into the person I'll be someday; the person I've always wanted to be. 


Sometimes I can be very pessimistic, so I think my best days are behind me. It never occurred to me they could be ahead of me."

4 comments:

  1. Eat, pray, love is such a wonderful book! Dont worry too much!
    Be true and good to yourself these next months, thats my biggest word of advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best is yet ahead. Change brings growth... and growth brings change! I am wishing you a wonderful year of both! mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've never thought of life in this way. As for me, I'm hoping that my days ahead are better balanced and more peaceful!

    ReplyDelete