Friday, August 6, 2010

Camp- RETHINK



(Floating light-up Cross on lake)

Hi Everyone, 

I am currently writing to you from Warren Willis United Methodist summer camp in Leesburg, FL. It has been an amazing week for both the students and leaders. I've gotten to know some great kids and been encouraged by their love for God and the world. The weeks theme is "ReThink." They are challenging the kids to Rethink their life, love, choices, the world and their purpose. I thought I'd give a brief breakdown of some of the highlights so you all could see how God is moving in the place...

Monday: Arrived. Ropes course. Kept 50 inflatable balloon animals up in the air for 10 seconds. Tipped by a 9 yr old, Glowville- see facebook for details. ReThink Life

Tuesday: Small groups, crazy pancake games with belgians and french people. Staffer race beneath the pews, blindfolded! ReThink Love


Wednesday: Folk dancing, sailing, snack shack. Flew two kites inside chapel with industrial fans. Rethink Choices


Thursday: Skyped with orphan in Kenya. Put together 6,000 meals for "Children Against Hunger." High school prayer stations. Q& A with high school pastor. Spiritual disciplines. Chinese fire-drill around chapel. Kids made commitment to sacrifice for others. Rethink the World



I know most of this probably wont make sense to you, but it should give you an idea of how many things we have experienced in just 4 short days. Also, I didn't bring a journal so I need a space to write my memories. Personally, I have been discovering a renewed personal relationship with Jesus. I used to talk to him all the time. Now when I pray (infrequently) it feels like I am talking to myself. I have been so out of tune with God for so long I can't recognize his voice anymore. Likewise, I realized yesterday how little I rely on God. The bible says to cast your burdens onto Him. I recognized later that night this stems from a lack of faith. Faith that God is good and can do ALL things. The world is desperately in need of faith filled people who are ready to follow the spirit of God; caring only for the advancement of His Way on earth.

My prayer has been that this year in England would be a fresh start, focusing solely on recapturing an intimate relationship with Jesus. If I don't have that in order, then nothing else matters.

Jesus I am so in love with you. 


Grace and Peace,
Leigh F.

Ps. Tonight - ReThink Your Purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment